out of costume ideas? just be your asshole friend
in tribute to this post, have some more color palettes that i’ve been keeping locked up for a while, hehe
Here’s your friendly reminder that SSC is not the only mantra of BDSM. Another alternative mantra often used is RACK. Here’s a break down of the two differences in mantra:
RACK- or Risk Aware Consensual Kink- is exactly that.
- All parties are educated on the acts they are about to perform.
- All parties are aware of the risks and potential ramifications of the agreed upon actions,
- All parties are consenting to take the risks.
SSC- or Safe, Sane, and Consensual- is exactly that.
- Actions and scenes rarely deviate into areas that could potentially wind up causing emotional or physical damage to any party
- Emphasis is placed on the physical safety of all parties
- Emphasis is placed on the emotional and mental health of all parties
- All parties consent to the actions
Despite popular belief and propaganda, though? While safety is a (read: one of many) core components of BSDM, the true core of BDSM is education, consent, and communication- Not necessarily always safety, which is where RACK comes in as a mantra. RACK is just as valid and just as widely used a mantra in BDSM as SSC.
23 Incredibly Helpfu
Very helpful for all mommies.
10 Things to Stop Tolerating
Featured on Forbes… Click here to read more
By Paula Davis-Laack, Lawyer turned stress & resilience expert on Forbes
Paula is a stress and resilience expert with popular blogs on The Huffington Post and Psychology Today. Paula has appeared on the Steve Harvey TV show and in numerous publications, most recently in Working Mother magazine. Paula writes about the science of happiness in her new e-book, “10 Things Happy People Do Differently.” To learn more, please visit her website.
some more life hacks for ya’ll
That pinky one…why couldnt they have showed me that at COLLEGE
This reminds me of the time before life hacks showed us stuff like how to break into a house.
Admit it, we would all lose the chapstick money
Limits of the Human Body by Soda Pop Avenue
I am a writer I say as I reblog this
i am an a R TIST
Please reblog this as a link in order to spare people’s dashboards from a huge post!
Alright so it’s been a while since I’ve seen any sort of helpful guide to fight roleplays on Tumblr, and I think it’s desperately needed, especially with the amount of people who are afraid to RP them for fear that something will go wrong! So when it comes to throwing your character into the fray, here’s a list of things to remember and to employ in order to make sure you don’t upset someone else during your character’s rumble.
- learn how to coupon
- how to get free therapy
- clean bathroom tips
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- learn time management skillz
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- create a resume
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- organize your closet
- find the right career
- a list of stress relievers
- how to pick a major
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- buying a used car
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- read the news
- leave your childhood traumas behind
- how to quit smoking
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency